Your shell access was granted
Hello, welcome to Wikimedia Labs! I would like to inform you that your shell request was processed and you should be able to login to Bastion host now at bastion.wmflabs.org. In case you get into troubles, please read this page which contains useful information about accessing instances. You can also ask in our irc channel at #wikimedia-labs connect or send an e-mail to our mailing list email@example.com - thank you, and have fun using labs! Tim Landscheidt (talk) 12:19, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
Welcome to Tool Labs
Hello Emijrp, welcome to the Tool Labs project! Your request for access was processed and you should be able to login now via ssh at
tools-login.wmflabs.org. To get started, check the help page and the migrating from the Toolserver page. You can also ask in our IRC channel at #wikimedia-labs connect or send an e-mail to our mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you, and have fun using Tools! Tim Landscheidt (talk) 14:27, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- Done. Thanks for the notice, I want my tools support all projects and Wikivoyage was created "recently" so I missed it. Emijrp (talk) 15:20, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
Wikitweets: whether possible to configure for Wikisources
I would like to look to have English Wikisource's s:en:Template:New texts's new additions tweeted as we add a work. I am not sure how Wikitweets works, or configured, so I thought that I would pop past to ask. Are you able to give me some guidance to the scope of the tweeting capability, how it needs to be configured, whether it needs to run directly from your account, or can be configured to run remotely from other tools accounts, etc. Thanks. — billinghurst sDrewth 10:08, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hello. The code and basic instructions are in GitHub. It is needed Python, basic BASH, etc. I'm willing to develop the wikisource bot and run it from my account, or you can to do it all yourself, as you prefer. Emijrp (talk) 12:11, 21 September 2014 (UTC)
Bug with Wiki Loves Monuments Map
Some historic sites are marked as unphotographed, when they are in fact photographed. For example, looking here you can see 5522 North Street is marked is unphotographed, but a photo does exist here with all the proper tags.
http://tools.wmflabs.org/wmcounter/ "is not currently serviced"
Hi, thanks for your fine work. I followed the link to it in the WMF annual report's ""How does it work?" pop-up and http://tools.wmflabs.org/wmcounter/ says "No webservice. The URI you have requested, /wmcounter/, is not currently serviced."
You have links to this URL from github, so I assume it is supposed to have a web service. I've looked in #wikimedia-labs on IRC for an admin to restart it.
More twitter bots?
- Sure, we can do a section for bots managed by other users. Paste the info here or make a pull request in the repo (index.html file). Emijrp (talk) 16:47, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
New pages versus deletions
I'm wondering how many new pages are made compared to how many are subsequently deleted, and I'm comparing wmcharts for new pages to the one for deletions and restorations. It looks like there are almost twice as many deletions (~1500) as there are new pages (~800). Does this mean that each day more than 800 pages are created (1500 + 800) and the majority are subsequently deleted? Or does it really mean that more pages are deleted each day than are created? (Or something else!)
These tools are incredibly helpful and inspiring to my work. Thank you!
- @Evoapps: Hello! The newpages chart only includes new pages in the namespace=0, that is new articles (real content). Also, when a new article is deleted it isn't counted, so 800 is the average new articles that survive every day, English Wikipedia grows 800 articles daily. The deletion chart includes pages deleted in any namespace (articles, talk pages, images, categories, etc). Emijrp (talk) 21:43, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Emijrp: Thank you! If you know where I could find out the number of articles (namespace=0) that are deleted each day, I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise, thanks again. Evoapps (talk) 00:27, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
Reverts page has no data
The page https://tools.wmflabs.org/wmcharts/wmchart0008.php is showing an empty graph. Can you fix it? Cheers, Clayoquot (talk) 23:51, 4 December 2018 (UTC)