Blubber creates Dockerfiles from a higher level description expressed as YAML. The Deployment pipeline relies on an application's Blubberfile(s) to build images for testing and production.
PipelineLib is a library of code that consumes an application's
.pipeline/config.yaml. This configuration directs the pipeline through integration telling it:
- What unit tests to run
- What integration tests to run
- Which tests can be run in parallel
- What container image is to be used in production
- Config files
- Resource limits
- What ports your application uses
- Smoke tests for your application
In short, Helm allows the easy management of mapping deployment resources to an environment. If you need a different configuration for local development and production, chances are it'll be easy to configure with Helm.