You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The primary site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
This eagle has landed in Wikitech and Wikimedia Labs, but their home nest is located on Wikipedia, at "Quinto Simmaco".
Call me Symmachus. Just getting back into development, after a very long hiatus. Thankfully, I'm a fast learner, so hopefully I'll be contributing in no time.
- Tis true without lying, certain & most true.
- That which is below is like that which is above, and [the macrocosm is like the microcosm], to do the miracles of one only thing
- And as all things have been & arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
- The Sun is its father, the moon its mother, the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth is its nurse.
- The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
- Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
- Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
- It ascends from the earth to the heaven & again it descends to the earth & receives the force of things superior & inferior.
- By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world
- & thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
- Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing & penetrates every solid thing.
- So was the world created.
- From this are & do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world
- That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished & ended.