You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
User:SRodlund/PAWS (staging)/pagedesign/PAWS examples and recipes
This page is work in progress and will be developed further.
Recipes, how-tos, and example notebooks
This page offers a number of recipes, how-tos, and example notebooks that you may find useful while learning and exploring PAWS. To see all of the notebooks currently hosted on PAWS, check out the public index.
Note:There is no way to search the public index for specific types of notebooks, but it can be useful to explore what others have done with PAWS.
Mediawiki Rest API
- Search Wikipedia articles - The MediaWiki REST API lets you build apps and scripts that interact with any MediaWiki-based wiki. In this tutorial, we'll use the REST API search endpoints to search for articles about the Solar System on English Wikipedia.
- Exploring page history - The MediaWiki REST API lets you build apps and scripts that interact with any MediaWiki-based wiki. In this tutorial, we'll use the REST API page history endpoints to explore the history of articles on English Wikipedia.
- Pywikibot Tutorials- an index of Pywikibot tutorials related to Wikidata.
- Using Pywikbot with PAWS - A basic introduction to using Pywikibot with PAWS. This tutorial gives you the information you need to get started using a Python 3 notebook or the PAWS terminal.
- An intro to Pywikibot - A notebook based Pywikibot tutorial
- Pywikibot Tutorials - an index of Pywikibot tutorials related to Wikidata.
Notebooks that use datasets
Notebooks that use replicas and databases
Notebooks that use multiple Python libraries
- A machine learning notebook with visualizations. Multiple Python libraries are imported to create this notebook.
- A notebook using Wikidata to list painters in multiple languages.
Notebooks that use Pywikibot
Understand users and user behavior on a wiki
- See the global block history for a user across wikis
- Pages created from external links by non-autoconfirmed users. This can be used to reduce spam on wikis.
Make it easier for editors to organize articles and information
- Extract information about stubs for editors who are considering merging them This example uses the catgory "Rural localities in Russia."
- Search for pages with deprecated templates
Contribute to Wikidata
Notebook based tutorials
- Getting started with PAWS tutorial
- PAWS Cheatsheet This "cheatsheet" contains a number of useful tasks you can run right away.