< User:SQLJump to navigation Jump to search
- Download putty
- Open puTTYgen, and click generate.
- Fill in a comment (name) for the key.
- Fill in a passphrase, and confirm it.
- Copy your public key to tools here
- Click "Save private key", and save the file.
- Open puTTY
- In the left pane, under "Connection", expand SSH, and click on Auth
- Click "Browse", and locate the file you saved earlier.
- Click on "Session" in the right pane
- Select "SSH"
- Enter the host (either "tools-login.wmflabs.org" or "tools-dev.wmflabs.org"
- Enter a name for your preferences in the "Saved Sessions" box, and click the save button.
- Click the "Open" button.
- PuTTY might give you a "Security Alert" window. This is normal for the first time connecting to a host (click yes, in this case) - but not normal if you have connected before (investigate why in this case).
- Login using your shell login name (may not be the same as your LDAP name)
- Enter your key's password (again, may be different from your LDAP password)
- Normally once logged in, you will switch to your tool's user by issuing the command "become toolnamehere"