You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The primary site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
User:Greg Grossmeier/Notes/Gerrit and Bugzilla Glorious Future
This meeting mostly came out from my discussion with robla regarding how we deal with scaptraps now in the post-svn world.
- What interactions will be built in?
- Is there a roadmap/feature list of what Christian is working on
- Use of flags/other method to track important info (backports, scaptraps, etc)
- Replace what's called tagging in svn codereview tool
- Gerrit upstream not seeing it as priority
- Shortterm replacement: Script by Christian and Chad
needed for easier release-notes
- Much further in the future
- Plugin works, collaborating with Gerritforge which have a plugin for JIRA, we're interested in Bugzilla (and RT)
- 2-3 more minor fixes needed before deploying
- Stage 1: after Gerrit patch, add comment in Bugzilla about it via REST
- to happen in the next weeks, fairly straight forward
- Stage 2: workflow changes, needs bigger buy-in
- e.g. cannot automatically set RES. FIXED because 1 patch does not necessarily fix 1 bug report
- consider setting Target Milestone in Bugzilla?
- also: probably kill patch-in-gerrit keyword at some point