You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains historical information. It is probably no longer true.
- Add new addresses to the load balancers
- test wiki access via new addresses
- test image
- test mail delivery
- Use a well known host as smart host for mail delivery.
- change DNS step by step. Secure.wm.o first, then images, then mail, then text
- change /etc/ settings of all external hosts. The current aliases are only soft settings, won't survive a reboot
- Change the addresses the YASEO and KNAMS systems use for forwarding
- Change default routes of all external hosts
- Wait for monday.
Places IPs need to be changed
- NFS: suda, amane, khaldun
- switches: bgp router-ip, NTP server, syslog server, DNS server
- mail: $mynetworks on goeje
- LVS: pybal config on avicenna for upload.pmtpa
- all external hosts: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*
- external squids (srv6-srv10, will): virtual IPs
- load balanced image squids need the new IP as alias on dev lo (/etc/rc.local)
- MySQL: user permissions for our external IP hosts (zwinger, goeje, bart for secure.wm.o etc)
- foreign squids: recreate the config file to update IPs from DNS