You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Obsolete:New Project Request/fastcci
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- User Name
- Requested name
- Justification for project
- https://github.com/Commonists/fastcci is a fast in-memory database server that can perform category inspections. Currently implemented is super-fast infinite depth category intersection, infinite depth category traversal (listing). I'm working on 'NOT' operations (in CAT1 but not in CAT2).
- This is a backend for a category search I intend to introduce on Wikimedia commons.
- Applications include finding 'Featured Pictures' or 'Quality Images' within category trees, Images within category trees that are not in 'Media with Locations' etc.
- I need an instance with about 1-2GB RAM. The cat tree for commons currently occupies about 600MB. Further instances could be created to offer category intersection to other projects.
- The fastcci database could also be used as a backend to other search tools.
- Has this request been completed by an admin?