You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
ONFIRE/Incident doc review workflow
Process for grooming our Phabricator board:
Review both wikitech and gdrive for new documents:
- Incident documentation
- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NaGMm8KzCWkVtQm4NbnS49ifbbbTO9bM (you're only concerned with 'proper' incident docs, not status documents)
Any new incidents, create a task or tag the task with #SRE-OnFire. Task title is the title of the document, body is a link to the document & the names of authors. Put it in the "Pending Review & Scorecard" column. Assigned tasks should be moved to the Phabricator work-board column with the corresponding quarter when the incident occurred (example: #SRE-OnFIRE-FY2021-2022-Q2)
- Incidents should be documented and scored within two weeks of the incident occurring.
- Any documents that have been unassigned for longer than a week after it happened should be assigned promptly, work with the IC for that incident to determine who is the best person to document and score the incident.
- For documents that are in-review, ask on IRC to find reviewers for them.
- If a reviewer hasn't made progress on a doc in a week, feel free to ping them.
- If a document author hasn't replied to review comments in a week, feel free to ping them.
- Once the document and review process is complete, ensure the pertinent documentation is updated in Wikitech as applicable.
- Once review comments have been addressed, close the task in the same column pertaining to the quarter when the incident occurred.