You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
MariaDB/Changing user passwords
< MariaDBJump to navigation Jump to search
How to rotate user passwords. Under construction.
wikiuser and wikiadmin
- clone https://gitlab.wikimedia.org/ladsgroup/db-password-rotation in cumin
- Pick a new username and passowrd, usually the year you are doing it. Like wikiuser2023, if that's taken, add the month, like wikiuser202305.
- Run omg.py to get new report of grants.
- Run user_duplicator.py to duplicate the user and all the grants (edit it beforehand to set the users)
- Update the username and password in mediawiki. In deploy1002, /srv/mediawiki-staging/private/PrivateSettings.php
- Sync it with 'scap sync-file private/PrivateSettings.php 'Rotating wikiuser
- Make patches to update username in operations/software
- Make patch in puppet to update the username
- Merge the puppet change with a patch made in private puppet to update the passwords
- (not needed for wikiadmin) Update query killer events via running update_events.sh
- Wait for a while and then run drop_old_user.py (update the username in the code)
- update labstestwiki