You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The primary site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
A storm of WikiEditor Edit schema events (several hundred per second) caused EventLogging to occasionally drop client-side events.
Server-side events were not affected, but they only constitute about 30% of the pipeline. Client-side events were not entered in the database at all during this outage.
- The new WikiEditor EventLogging instrumentation was deployed in the
- There were use cases that were not anticipated by the Editing Team, for example, some special wikis were loading wikitext editor in a non-standard way.
- Changesets that solved issues related to wikitext and instrumentation:
Main Phabricator ticket: phab:T93242
- After deployment of changesets, event inflow diminished and system went back to normal.
- We need throttling in eventlogging so in cases like this we can "shed" a stream of events. We have had this item in our backlog for a while: phab:T69470
- Status: Done Backfill the data: phab:T93602