You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Analytics/Data Lake/Traffic/mobile apps uniques
mobile_apps_uniques_monthly(available in the
wmf database on Hive) count how many different Android and iOS Wikipedia mobile apps installs accessed Wikimedia sites during the given day or month, determined as the number of app uuids appearing in the webrequest table (via the X-Analytics header or formerly the query part of the URL).
> DESCRIBE wmf.mobile_apps_uniques_daily; col_name data_type comment year int Unpadded year of request month int Unpadded month of request day int Unpadded day of request platform string Mobile platform from user agent parsing unique_count bigint Distinct uuid count
> DESCRIBE wmf.mobile_apps_uniques_monthly; platform string Mobile platform from user agent parsing unique_count bigint Distinct uuid count col_name data_type comment year int Unpadded year of request month int Unpadded month of request platform string Mobile platform from user agent parsing unique_count bigint Distinct uuid count
- The stats only cover users who have opted-in to sending usage data (iOS, since March 2016) / have not opted out (Android).
- Android numbers were inflated by 10% or more from around September 2016 to March 2017 due to a bug (T163403).
- The counting method assumes that all installs not detected as iOS/iPhone in the user agent are Android apps.
- Underlying queries: daily / monthly
- 2014/15 tasks for the creation of these tables: T76534, T88308
- A per-country version of the daily active users was previously available at tbayer.mobile_apps_uniques_by_country. The query used to create it is documented at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T180651#3833399.