Wikimedia Cloud Services team/EnhancementProposals/2020 Network refresh/2020-11-25-checkin
< Wikimedia Cloud Services team | EnhancementProposals | 2020 Network refreshJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 16:18, 24 November 2020 by (→status updates from arturo: refresh)
2020-11-25 WMCS network checkin
- status updates from arturo
- questions, feedback
- next, TODO, etc
status updates from arturo
- requested a server for 2º cloudgw device in codfw: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T268016
- arturo's plan is once this new server arrives and we finish all the testing and validation, we move forward with eqiad and with a cloudsw device in codfw.
- refreshed NFS ideas page: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Portal:Cloud_VPS/Admin/notes/NAT_loophole/NFS Portal:Cloud_VPS/Admin/notes/NAT_loophole/NFS
- bootstrapped a practical guide for prod<->cloud networking:
- https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Cloud_Services_team/EnhancementProposals/Production_Cloud_bridging Wikimedia_Cloud_Services_team/EnhancementProposals/Production_Cloud_bridging
- it was hinted in a meeting with analytics this guidelines page should be interesting for other teams as well as for ourselves.
- the source 'policy' for the guidelines is this document: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Portal:Cloud_VPS/Admin/Network_and_Policy Portal:Cloud_VPS/Admin/Network_and_Policy
- we can generalize the NFS architecture problem into a general one: How to 'bridge' prod/cloud when we need VMs private address contacting a prod service endpoint?
- this might be the case for both NFS and Cinder/Ceph, or others in the future.
- Arturo proposes to discuss this today