Wikimedia Cloud Services team/EnhancementProposals/2020 Network refresh/2020-11-10-checkin
< Wikimedia Cloud Services team | EnhancementProposals | 2020 Network refreshJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 15:23, 5 November 2020 by (→2020-11-10 WMCS network checkin: mention cloudsw)
2020-11-10 WMCS network checkin
- cloudsw in codfw could be interesting
- test changes before introducing in eqiad
- cloudgw PoC in codfw going well:
- neutron accepted to work without doing the SNAT, now being done by cloudgw.
- VMs now use floating IPs (if they have one) for connections outside the cloud. No shortcomings detected so far, other than refreshing firewalling and other ACLs.
- neutron is happily running without our custom hacks.
- next steps, address some limitations:
- no NIC bonding in data plane. Would like to try it out, requires DCops work for the additional cable patch.
- no HA. Would like to try it out, requires another server in codfw.
- next next step: start thinking on eqiad1
- if we are fully happy with the codfw setup, then we should think on eqiad1
- this requires procuring 2 HW servers (could be misc spares with 1x1GB NIC 2x10GB NICs)
- our plans for NFS will likely leverage this seutp: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Portal:Cloud_VPS/Admin/notes/NAT_loophole/NFS