You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
User:SRodlund/Ticket requirements (staging)
This page contains a checklist for filing hardware troubleshooting related tickets for the WMCS team.
Before you file a ticket
- Refer to the Hardware Troubleshooting Runbook. Note which commands you run as part of your troubleshooting processes. If you are unable to resolve the issue, include links to these in your ticket.
- If you have been using command line, check the Web interface of iLo and iDRAC. Sometimes there is more obvious information available through the GUI.
Prefilled Phabricator task
If you need to file a hardware related ticket for WMCS, you can use this prefilled Phabricator task.
(Use this: https://phabulous.toolforge.org)
What you need to include
- A detailed description of the issue.
- Attach any pertinent logs generated with vendor tools as a zip file.
- Note whether hardware is still under warranty
- Tags: cloud-services-team (Hardware), ops-eqiad, SRE
Here are some example tasks that show the level of detail you should include in your ticket.
- Different classes of hardware might have different requirements.
- Create a prefilled Phabricator task for this.
- If something will cost money will they do it (explicitly say) -- Cost threshold (or Willie) (Swap disk fine | Server procurement) (how to do this with budget owners)
- Who to assign this to?
- Post this where?