You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
reserved UIDs & GIDs
This is most likely not the desired state yet, but just starting out with the current situation on
fenari. Should be edited to reflect the desired situation, being equal on all servers.
You can and should now reserve UIDs in the puppet admin module and use systemd-sysuser, like in this example.
- (table columns are sortable)
|903||903||jenkins (defined in admin module!)|
|904||904||zuul (defined in admin module!)|
the security hierarchy looks as follows as decribed by TimStarling:
- root > wikidev > mwdeploy > www-data
- root can own wikidev but wikidev can't own root
- wikidev can own mwdeploy but mwdeploy can't own wikidev
- scripts owned by mwdeploy can only be run by www-data
- everything has to su to www-data before running maintenance scripts
also see: task T79786