You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Talk:SRE/Infrastructure naming conventions
This can be a running list of ideas previously proposed. When we need a new list to choose, we can use this as a starting point. Usual criterial:
- No living persons
- No copyrighted material
- Ideally an easily referenced list we can copy to wikitech, and cycle through sequentially.
simple:List of elements(eqiad) w:List of proper names of stars(codfw)
- w:List of mountains
- w:List of sovereign states
- w:List of legendary swords
- w:List of dinosaur genera
- w:List of ghost towns in the United States
- (see w:Category:Lists of lists)
codfw naming discussion
- This discussion is now closed.
- Now closed, using w:List of proper names of stars with some disclaimers, see page. --RobH (talk) 16:42, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
- Asset Tag : Learn to look things up before you work on them (I know that no one else likes this idea) --RobH (talk) 22:32, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
- Crayola Crayon Colors : Chad suggests en:List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors
- Astronomy : Daniel suggests en:List_of_proper_names_of_stars
- +1 from: Giuseppe, Rob, Otto
- Maybe use rotating alphabetical in this list? A, B, C...A',B',C'. That way we don't have all names starting with A.
- e.g. Acamar, Baham, Canopus, ...Achernar, Beid, Capella, ...
- Mountain peaks (lots of names so we can cull down to a list of names not like exeminewisgdklgh :-P) -- ariel (talk) 07:21, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
- +1 (otto)