You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The primary site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
< PhabricatorJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:23, 4 June 2022 by
This page is currently a draft.
More information and discussion about changes to this draft on the talk page.
Except for emergencies, Phabricator deployments should be conducted during mw:Phabricator/Maintenance windows.
- A checkout of https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/phabricator/deployment/ and all submodules.
- A local install of PHP 7.3.
- A running Phabricator install
- See mw:Phabricator/Local_Dev_Environment for some pointers here
Tagging a release
On your development system
- scripts for tagging and pushing
- tags all submodules
- outputs markup for milestone (but this sometimes fails)
- makes sure everything got pushed
- make sure it can pull
- fetch all submodules on prod
- ends at detached HEAD state
- make sure tags are there
update.shin mukunda's homedir on phab1001
- puppet disable
- checks out the version
- stops apache and php
/usr/local/sbin/phab_deploy_finalizedoes db migrations and stuff
- In #wikimedia-operations connect:
!log starting phabricator deploy, momentary downtime expected while Apache restarts
sudo ~/update.shand hope for best
systemctl status phdto make sure that's running
tail /var/log/phd/daemon.logto check for problems
- always a lot of errors in here because of repo syncing, etc.
- Go into phab project and rename "next" milestone to the date of the deploy
- i.e. 2020-02-13
- paste generated markup with stuff from release
- create a new "next" milestone
- "This is for tasks ... next phabricator update"
- mukunda's script used to do this automatically, may need some updating
- archive the old one