You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
- Logs from MediaWiki end up here. E.g.
wfDebugLog( 'Flow', ...)in MediaWiki PHP corresponds to
type:mediawiki AND channel:Flow
- For more about how to do that within works MediaWiki, see mw:Structured logging.
- Start from one of the blue Dashboard links near the top, more are available from the Load icon near the top right.
- In "Events over time" click and drag to zoom in to a specific region.
- On the top right, you can change the time range to start with, e.g. last 24 hours, last 7 days. Smaller ranges are faster.
- If you get lost, start again from the homepage at https://logstash.wikimedia.org/
MediaWiki dashboard template
The Home page is itself also dashboard. It has a single text panel with a Markdown list of links. Add your own for easy access!
- If you see no events at all, perhaps you are querying the future only?
- If you see no results or the results seem unrelated, press the magnifying glass at right of the main query bar to submit again. There is a race condition where if you modify the query while it is running, it ends up re-submitting the last completed query instead of the one you just wrote.
- If you see events suddenly stop, perhaps the query includes the future (e.g. "Today" and "This week" instead of "Last 24h" or "Last week").
- If you think you found when results first started to match your query, double check if it aligns with "today - 90 days ago" which is our message retention.
- The visualisation panels are re-usable and thus saved globally.
- Avoid changing existing visualisations unless intending to change other dashboards that use it at the same time. Otherwise "Save as.." under a new name first.