You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
< Nova Resource:WikisporeJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:45, 27 October 2019 by (Created page with "== Setting up a new Wikispore instance == # Follow the steps in Help:MediaWiki-Vagrant in Cloud VPS#Setting up your instance with MediaWiki-Vagrant. (Seems very broken ATM...")
Setting up a new Wikispore instance
- Follow the steps in Help:MediaWiki-Vagrant in Cloud VPS#Setting up your instance with MediaWiki-Vagrant. (Seems very broken ATM, see phab:T236455)
- Download custom Wikispore Vagrant roles: (get inside the Vagrant box with
cd /srv/mediawiki-vagrant; vagrant sshif needed, then)
cd /vagrant; git fetch "https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/vagrant" refs/changes/56/546156/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
Copying the DB of another Wikispore instance
(i.e. syncing up test with production
- On the source server, get into vagrant, dump with e.g.
mysqldump wiki | gzip -9 -c > wikispore.sql.gz
- Move the dump to the target server. TODO exposing it via the web is horribly insecure, scp-ing through the Cloud box and Vagrant box is a pain in the ass; better method needed. (Some kinda NFS share? Password-protected web share?)
- On the target server, get into vagrant, import with e.g.
cat wikispore.sql | mysql wiki