You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The primary site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org

Nova Resource:Cvn/SAL/Archive 1

From Wikitech-static
< Nova Resource:Cvn‎ | SAL
Revision as of 19:02, 18 February 2016 by imported>Krinkle
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Archive This log was archived from http://countervandalism.net/wiki/Developer_Log.

Essjay 11:03, 16 March 2006 (EST)

I've tweaked the code to reinsert the steward class I created, remove userrights from siteadmin (for security reasons) and change the title of "siteadmin" to "developer," as that is a more familiar term.

Essjay 11:20, 16 March 2006 (EST)

I've created the directory "backup" for, suprise, backup copies. The scheme is this: When you replace LocalSettings.php you should check to see what the next number in sequence is, and name your version #.txt, and FTP it into the backup directory at the sametime you overwrite the exiting LocalSettings.php. Reference the number in your entry here. (For example, my entry above is 2.txt; 1.txt was the version before my changes.) This prevents the need for saving a backup before you start making changes; the current version will always be the highest number in "backup." If you change another file, create a separate backup folder with a descriptive name, and log it here.

Essjay 19:07, 17 March 2006 (EST)

I've added the Special:Makesysop extension; I'm testing now, and if it works, I will be setting all senior staff as bureaucrats. Backup is 3.txt Essjay 19:07, 17 March 2006 (EST)

Essjay 09:22, 18 March 2006 (EST)

I've added the Special:Maketrusted and Special:Makebot extensions, and both work. I still need to remove the "set bureaucrat flag" box from Special:Maketrusted, but that will only take a second. The backup of LocalSettings.php is 5.txt.

AdamJacobMuller 19:54, 18 March 2006 (EST)

Added CVU:Popups

Essjay 10:34, 19 March 2006 (EST)

I have enabled the Checkuser extension and set checkuser rights for myself for testing purposes. I will not be using it on any other CVU members for security reasons. Essjay 10:34, 19 March 2006 (EST)

  • I have finished testing, disabled the extension, and removed checkuser rights from my account. In the event it is needed, there are instructions commented into LocalSettings.php

Essjay 05:15, 20 March 2006 (EST)

I've enabled a "rollback" class, and Special:Makerollback to implement it. It's really a redundant class, since "trusted" grants rollback; for the most part, I'm keeping it in waiting in case RFR ever moves on Wikipedia. Essjay 05:15, 20 March 2006 (EST)

Az1568 01:25, 4 July 2007 (PDT)

  • Main cvwiki is down, running a backup on my server.
  • Added a bunch of extensions...
  • Upgraded MW to r23594

Az1568 02:56, 14 July 2007 (PDT)

Disabled all mail functions as the mail server is broken. I'll re-enable them once the new mail server is setup. (Maybe tomorrow?)

Re-enabled all mail functions -- new server up. --Az1568 08:54, 14 July 2007 (PDT)

Az1568 18:14, 29 July 2007 (PDT)

  • Upgraded MW/extensions (MW to r24028) --Az1568 18:14, 29 July 2007 (PDT)

Az1568 21:17, 11 August 2007 (PDT)

Disabled all e-mail functions (again), as my new IP is listed in the DNSBL and my ISP seems to have a problem with relaying mail.... --Az1568 21:17, 11 August 2007 (PDT)

Az1568 21:50, 29 August 2007 (PDT)

E-mail should be fixed. Site will be down on Thursday due to a temporary electrical service interruption (likely 7-9 hours max).

Az1568 02:52, 15 October 2007 (PDT)

Installed/configured Bugzilla, Mailman and Squid for a multiple apache configuration (load balance), updated all apache.conf's and LocalSettings.php's to reflect changes. Added Google Analytics script to track site stats.

Az1568 14:13, 21 December 2007 (PST)

Setup OTRS for future use and the mailing list interface for internal staff communication. Also updated the squid configuration, but their still seems to be a problem with internal IP's showing up even with forwarded for on. :/

Az1568 01:54, 23 December 2007 (PST)

Fixed the squid x forwarded for thing and enabled MW to use our local memcached server.

Fixed userrights bug.

Az1568 23:55, 24 December 2007 (PST)

Note to self:

  • Fix apache url problem and watch cbrown's userrights changes..he's sneaky. :P

Az1568 12:58, 28 December 2007 (PST)

Fix userrights rights error. --Az1568 12:58, 28 December 2007 (PST)

Az1568 16:27, 1 January 2008 (PST)

Downtime, some site issues - back up tho! --Az1568 16:27, 1 January 2008 (PST)

Az1568 00:21, 15 February 2008 (PST)

Resolved wiki// url issue. --Az1568 00:21, 15 February 2008 (PST)

Broken again :( --Az1568 05:38, 1 April 2008 (PDT)

Az1568 05:46, 24 July 2008 (UTC)

Updated various things including the wiki, to r37981 and enabled CA per cbrown's request. We also have a new domain name (http://countervandalism.net/) which is paid for a full year...not sure about what will happen after. I suppose we'll just deal with it when that time comes around in '09.

Az1568 25 October 2009

Updated MediaWiki to 1.16alpha, updated some extensions and removed obsolete ones; cleaned up user rights; removed steward group

Jack Phoenix 22:29, 25 October 2009 (UTC)

Removed all 'steward' entries from user_groups table through Special:AskSQL since the steward group is no more.