You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
The Metrics Platform is a suite of services, standard libraries, and APIs for producing and consuming data of all kinds from Wikimedia Foundation products. For data producers, it aims to simplify the task of designing, implementing, and maintaining data-producing code (also called instrumentation), while offering better guarantees of quality, rigor, and safety. For data consumers, it aims to streamline the process of defining a new dataset and offer a rich set of tools to answer questions and generate insights with data.
A full description will follow; for now, this page is a directory for parts of the specification under development.
- Metrics Platform/Client/Implementations - Differences between the various client implementations
- Metrics Platform/Client - Specification of interfaces, data structures, algorithms for conforming clients
- Metrics Platform/Event - Specification of format and properties of an event
- Metrics Platform/Event Context Attributes - Specification of context attributes
- Metrics Platform/Event Schema - Specification of compatible schema
- Metrics Platform/Event Stream Configuration - Specification of stream configuration
- Metrics Platform/Demos - Biweekly demo recordings
|Version||Release Date||MediaWiki JS||MediaWiki PHP||Wikipedia Android||Wikipedia iOS||Wikipedia KaiOS|
|1.0 (in development)||05-30-2021|