You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The primary site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Incident documentation/20200412-eqiad down
document status: draft
document status: document status: draft
eqiad cluster had issues.
Impact: All users reading or editing from that cache.
All times in UTC.
- 05:05 Connection problems (Error: 502, Next Hop Connection Failed)
- 05:34 Issues resolved
Issue was first detected during editing en.wp, when the site failed.
What weaknesses did we learn about and how can we address them?
What went well?
- (Use bullet points) for example: automated monitoring detected the incident, outage was root-caused quickly, etc
What went poorly?
- (Use bullet points) for example: documentation on the affected service was unhelpful, communication difficulties, etc
Where did we get lucky?
- (Use bullet points) for example: user's error report was exceptionally detailed, incident occurred when the most people were online to assist, etc
How many people were involved in the remediation?
- (Use bullet points) for example: 2 SREs and 1 software engineer troubleshooting the issue plus 1 incident commander
Links to relevant documentation
Add links to information that someone responding to this alert should have (runbook, plus supporting docs). If that documentation does not exist, add an action item to create it.
Create a list of action items that will help prevent this from happening again as much as possible. Link to or create a Phabricator task for every step.
- To do #1 (TODO: Create task)
- To do #2 (TODO: Create task)
TODO: Add the #Wikimedia-Incident Phabricator tag to these tasks and move them to the "Follow-up" column.