You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Foundry Crossover Procedure
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 10:11, 23 January 2017 by
This page contains historical information. It is probably no longer true.
Lets figure out what steps we want to take in order to integrate the Foundry switch.
Here is a starting point:
- Connect up all access switches and routers to the Foundry.
- Move srv1-30 and db's onto the first patch.
- Do away with the netgear.
- Move any other servers we want on the Foundry from csw1 to the second patch.
- Disconnect the fiber from csw1 and route a new fiber to the foundry.
- Once the first fiber uplink is established, do the same with the other one.
- Use remaining cisco's as access switches and backup routers.