You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
- Note etherpads are 100% public and open. Anyone can read them. "Obscure names" are never as obscure as you think and are NOT security. Also the etherpad database is not suitable for any long-term storage — don't expect important data to stay there.
- on a etherpad1001, a VM on ganeti01.svc.eqiad.wmnet cluster
We built our own package dependant on our own nodejs packages. Everything is puppetized
The database that it uses is on ... just look this up in the puppet site manifest. Cluster m1 as of this writing.
The app runs on port 9000 and requests are reverse proxied by apache which also terminates SSL
The EtherpadLite extension allows embedding it into wiki pages.
Etherpad-lite has decided to implement a key/value store on top of a RDBMS for some reason. Well it is an abstraction layer so they can work with other backends as well but it seems like the recommended option is an RDDBS (MySQL). http://etherpad.org/doc/v1.2.1/#index_database_structure seems to be the official documentation (version dependent obviously)
Deleting pads via site admin
A variety of ways supposedly exist:
- Deletion through admin and a plugin(we do not have admin and users on purpose for now) so this is ruled out
- Deletion through the API https://github.com/ether/etherpad-lite/wiki/HTTP-API (we do not have users and admins on purpose for now so this is ruled out)
- Deletion through the CLI https://github.com/ether/etherpad-lite/wiki/Getting-to-know-the-tools-in-bin. Supposedly this should work but it doesn't
- Deletion through the DB (this seems to be the only viable option at the time of this writing)
Suppose DELETEME is the pad id of the pad you want to remove (pad id can be taken from the url)
delete from store where `key` like '%DELETEME%';
Note that I had good luck deleting pad content via the below, which tosses revisions, chats, and I don't know exactly what the pad2readonly bit is. This is a lot faster than the %DELETEME% query above, now that the db is so bloated.
delete from store where `key` like 'pad:DELETEME%'; delete from store where `key` like 'pad2readonly:DELETEME%';
how to list all pads
Two different plugins existed at the time of investigation, one was not installing correctly, one was not of any decent quality
Yes, don't we want to use that and embed in a wiki?