You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Difference between revisions of "Dumps"
(gonna get these docs to suck less if it kills me)
(gonna have some dev docs. yes we are.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
These docs are for
These docs are for maintainersof the various dumps. Information for usersof the dumps can be found on [[meta:Data dumps|]].
=== Dumps types ===
=== Dumps types ===
Revision as of 08:10, 12 August 2020
We produce several types of dumps. For information about deployment of updates, architecture of the dumps, and troubleshooting each dump type, check the appropriate entry below.
- xml/sql dumps which contain revision metadata and content for public Wikimedia projects, along with contents of select sql tables
- adds/changes dumps which contain a daily xml dump of new pages or pages with new revisions since the previous run, for public Wikimedia projects
- Wikidata entity dumps which contain dumps of 'entities' (Qxxx) in various formats, and a dump of lexemes, run once a week.
- category dumps which contain weekly full and daily incremental category lists for public Wikimedia projects, in rdf format
- other miscellaneous dumps including content translation dumps, cirrus search dumps, and global block information.
Other datasets are also provided for download, such as page view counts; these datasets are managed by other folks and are not documented here.
- Dumps snapshot hosts that run scripts to generate the dumps
- Dumps datastores where the snapshot hosts write intermediate and final dump output files, which are later published to our web servers
- Dumps servers that provide the dumps to the public, to our mirrors, and via nfs to Wikimedia Cloud Services and stats host users
Adding new dumps
If you are interested in adding a new dumpset, please check the guidelines (still in draft form).
If you are adding a mirror, see Dumps Mirror setup .