You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The primary site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
An alert will fire when traffic to the client error logger is higher than normal levels. This can be configured on grafana by those with the means to do so. Error spikes correspond to those displayed on the logstash dashboard. Upon seeing this alert, please investigate errors within the last hour to identify the causes.
When the alert fires it could be for one of the following reasons:
- the train just rolled out
- a recent backport introduced an error
- a fundraising campaign went live and contains errors
- a spider or bot is running at high frequency with errors
- an edit on a wiki to MediaWiki:Common.js, MediaWiki:Vector.js, MediaWiki:Mobile.js or MediaWiki:Minerva.js.
- there is an error inside a default gadget that is described inside the wiki's MediaWiki:Gadgets-definition
In the event of a backport or train, consider using this as an indicator to block the train, unless someone says otherwise.