You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
See Ganglia status of db1017 (MariaDB instance).
Here's some really cool Grafana dashboards that display our Graphite metrics:
- EventLogging Dashboard, shows hitrates of all events by schema, status of Kafka brokers, error counts and more.
- EventLogging-schema Dashboard, focus on an individual schema. Useful for embedding and inter-dashboard links from graphs showing the actual EventLogging data. Example: performance-metrics.
Raw metrics can be browsed at https://graphite.wikimedia.org/ (under Metrics -> eventlogging).
We publish 4 types of counts to graphite:
- Overall counts
- Per schema counts
- Server side counts
- Client side counts
Within the overall counts, there are 4 submetrics:
- Raw counts: Number of all events that reach the system.
- Valid counts: Number of events that pass validation.
- insertAttempted: Number of events that get queued up for insertion to MySQL database.
- inserted: Number of events that get actually inserted into MySQL database.