You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Refinery-source is the JVM software on the Analytics Cluster using spark or hive UDFs. The source code is in the analytics/refinery/source.
How to deploy
You need archiva passwords in order to follow that procedure. Ask Andrew if needed.
- Update the changelog.md file at the root of the repository whith changes that are going to be deployed.
- Prepare deployment (change pom.xml files, push to git):
mvn -Duser.name=YOUR_WIKITECH_USERNAME release:prepare
- Check everything looks Ok:
- Actually deploy (jar generation and uploads to archiva)
mvn -Duser.name=YOUR_WIKITECH_USERNAME release:perform
- Download the new version of the jars from archiva (
) For convenience, the commonly updated jars are:git fat uses IDs to manage files, so it is important to use the correct jars.
- NOTE: to download, click on the new version you just created, then Artifacts, then copy the link to the jar and update 127.0.0.1:8080 with archiva.wikimedia.org and download that
- Copy the updated jars to the correct refinery path (somewhere like <refinery>/artifacts/org/wikimedia/analytics/refinery/)
- Update the symlinks in refinery/artifacts to the jars you just copied
- Make sure git fat is installed and configured according to the instructions in the Refinery README
- git add . && git commit (git fat will do some magic and replace the jar with a one-line id)
- push for review
Please see the refinery page to deploy the jars and oozie code.