You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:16, 6 October 2020 by
This page is currently a draft.
More information and discussion about changes to this draft on the talk page.
This page contains information about the infrastructure used for the Add a Link structured task project (task T252822)
- The Link Recommendation Service is accessible via HTTP (see task T258978) which accepts an article ID and wiki ID and returns raw wikitext of an article with annotated wikitext containing link recommendations. It does not have caching or storage; the client is responsible for doing that.
- The search index stores metadata about which articles have link recommendations via a field we set per article
- A MySQL table per wiki is used for caching the actual link recommendations (format to be determined task T261411)
- A maintenance script regularly generates link recommendations by iterating over each Search/articletopic and calling the Link Recommendation Service
- the maintenance script caches the results in the MySQL table, then sends an event to Event_Platform/EventGate, where the Search pipeline ensures that the index is updated with the links/nolinks metadata for the article.
- on page edit and deletion, link recommendations are regenerated via the job queue and the same code and APIs that are utilized in the maintenance script
5 -9 October 2020
- Growth: Exploring with Editing ways to bring link recommendation data into VisualEditor
- Growth / Research: Discussing repository structures in preparation for deployment pipeline setup
- Growth / SRE / Research: Discussing how to get mwaddlink-query / mwaddlink into production
Teams / Contact
- Growth (primary stakeholder, technical contact for project is Kosta Harlan, product owner is Marshall Miller)
- Search Platform