You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The live site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:04, 27 August 2020 by
This page is currently a draft.
More information and discussion about changes to this draft on the talk page.
This page contains information about the infrastructure used for the Add a Link structured task project (task T252822)
- The Link Recommendation Service is accessible via HTTP (see task T258978) which accepts an article ID and wiki ID and returns raw wikitext of an article with annotated wikitext containing link recommendations. It does not have caching or storage; the client is responsible for doing that.
- The search index stores metadata about which articles have link recommendations via a field we set per article
- A MySQL table per wiki is used for caching the actual link recommendations (raw wikitext)
- A maintenance script regularly generates link recommendations by iterating over each Search/articletopic and calling the Link Recommendation Service
- the maintenance script caches the results in the MySQL table, and updates the search index to specify that the article has link recommendations