You are browsing a read-only backup copy of Wikitech. The primary site can be found at wikitech.wikimedia.org
This page contains information about the infrastructure used for the Add Image structured task project (T285587). For project information, see mw:Growth/Personalized first day/Structured tasks/Add an image.
Add Image is the infrastructure behind a feature which recommends images to be added to articles which don't have any, and provides a streamlined editing interface for doing so. It consists of:
- A WIP data pipeline (for details see this merge request, for a quick overview see this image) which
- creates a Hive dataset of articles (on any project wiki) with no images, and image recommendations based on images in other Wikimedia projects which are connected to the article in some way via Wikidata;
- loads that dataset into the CirrusSearch index as
- exports the dataset to Cassandra.
hasrecommendation:imageCirrusSearch keyword for searching for articles with recommendations
- An internal image recommendation API (repo, user docs, ops docs) that provides the information in the Cassandra dataset for the queried page IDs.
- Integration with the structured task functionality of the GrowthExperiments extension: a browsing interface on
Special:Homepageand VisualEditor-based custom editing interface.
The GrowthExperiments extension adds a new
hastemplatecollection:<collection> CirrusSearch keyword for searching for articles containing any one of a list of templates (typically a list so long that
hastemplate: cannot be used). This is used for excluding articles with infoboxes: it defines the
infoboxtest collections based on the
GEInfoboxTemplatesTest community configuration fields.
To update, you can set
GEInfoboxTemplatesTest and test with the
hastemplatecollection:infoboxtest -hastemplatecollection:infobox and
-hastemplatecollection:infoboxtest hastemplatecollection:infobox searches what infobox-containing articles would be added to / removed from the filter.
The list of infoboxes is generated by the tgr/infobox-templates script.
- Add Link, the previous structured task project